Today, Shirley and I were at the East Brewton First Church of the Nazarene in the deep south of the state of Alabama. Today, they are celebrating their 91st homecoming event. James Meadows is the pastor. What a gracious man and such good group of people. It was good to have the musical group REFUGE from Trevecca. We all appreciated their music.
My message was “Unto the Generations.” There is a lesson we can learn from each of the five adult generations in the church:
- The Great Generation (80+ years) Take responsibility to make a life out of what you have,
- The Builders (65-79 years) Find your part and do it,
- The Baby Boomers (45-64 years) Provide service and ministry that meets needs,
- The Busters (30-44 years) Take part in an experience that calls for commitment,
- The iGeneration (under 30) Put yourself out there, because that is the way of transformation.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)